Was it a thirst for knowledge - or identification with the problem - that inspired so many attendees to participate in the Peddinghaus sponsored panel discussion, “Will Technology Change Your Fabrication Shop”?
Working with Mr. Larry Jeffords, AISC Executive Board, Mr. Mike Sharp, Peddinghaus President, assembled a blue ribbon panel of knowledgeable industry professionals to express their vision on the future of shop fabrication:
- Roy Eaton, Vice President Operations, Central Texas Iron Works, Waco, TX
- Douglas Cochrane, CEO, FabTrol Systems, Eugene, OR
- John J. Holland, Executive Vice President, Peddinghaus Corporation
- Douglas Evans, Vice President, Design Data, Lincoln, NE
- Dean Elkins, Senior General Manager, Motoman Systems, West Carrollton, OH
A standing room only crowd, listened intently to the various observations of the future by these industry leaders. One theme remained consistent throughout the industry – skilled shop labor is rapidly declining, and a distinct plan is needed for the future of the industry.