An international group of structural steel and heavy plate fabricators gathered in Frankfurt, and arrived on November 6 in Bahrain to begin a truly amazing travel experience. Thirty five attendees began the educational journey of a lifetime as they toured state of the art structural steel fabrication facilities and immersed themselves in the rich culture of the region.
Highlights of the trip included:
- Visit to Arabian International Steel who operate eight (8) saw/drill lines with capacity up to 150,000 tons annually
- Snow skiing in the desert - at the world’s largest indoor facility
- A delectable Dinner in the Desert that featured wonderful entertainment: a royal “Palace in the Desert” was constructed for the group
- Tour of Gulf Steel, an advanced structural fabricator with multiple CNC machines that produce thousands of tons
- Visits to DesCon, Steel-Tek, and J.A. McDermott – all sophisticated fabricators producing thousands of tons of fabricated sections for the region
- A stay of the exclusive Grosvenors House hotel with a magnificent view of the Burg ElArab – a building designed to resemble a sailing ship
- A tour of Jeddah to view many interesting – and historical sites – including ancient burial sites
What did the tour participants have to say about the visit?
“Exceptional – I have never experienced such an exotic – yet educational event”.
“Fantastic experience for all participants – I will remember this tour for my lifetime.”
“A wonderful group of people made this such a wonderful experience; my thanks to Peddinghaus for providing such a magnificent opportunity”.